- anyone who loves david sedaris: box set (includes all his work!) ($99.95)*
- cookery bookery for foodaholics: harold mcgee's keys to good cooking $35.00
- for my fellow ralph steadman admirers: lewis carroll's alice in wonderland, illustrated by steadman himself. (if you receive this, you'll know you've been v. good this year.) $19.95
- for vintage fashion folk: janie bryant's fashion file (bryant is costume designer for mad men. girl knows what she's talking about.) $26.99
- for historians and bibliophiles alike: mark twain's autobiography: volume 1 (with two more on the way, you'll be all set for a few years....) $34.95
- folks enamored of canines will love the at-times abstract, always stunning photography in tim flach's dogs. $50.00
- help the bearded man in your life to shave face with the bearded gentleman: a guide to shaving face $14.95
- ...and then educate the handyman in your life with red green's how to do everything (includes tips on how to cook with acetylene and measure your hat size with a two-by-four). $25.95
- for the person who really, REALLY loves comics: taschen's beautiful 75 years of dc comics: the art of modern mythmaking. $200.00
- for those who prefer amy over david (sedaris, that is...): simple times: crafts for poor people (this is a hilarious antidote to some of those stuffy craft books you see out there.) $27.99
- anyone who goes around singing songs from musicals in daily life will enjoy steven sondheim's finishing the hat, a rare look inside the legendary lyricist's life in & out of the theater. $39.95
*these links lead you to a place that will get you almost all of these books for 20% off. merry christmas to YOU!
more to come each week this month.
until the next books for christmakwanzukkah installment, i wish you happy holiday shopping, one and all. and have a great weekend.