Thoughts and ideas


OK, so a week has gone by. I keep turning over ideas of what to post, what to write about, and all of it seems to take the form of an essay I haven't had the time to compose yet. So I'll just give you a little glimpse of my week, since that's what Fridays are about: celebrating what's happened in the past 5 days. (Or 7, depending on how you view weeks.)


  • I made this red enchilada sauce this week. It was really simple and really good. (Plus the added benefit of not having to buy a can of the stuff was quite gratifying.)

  • I read this about Tonya Harding. I was young when that debacle occurred and all I remember is a vague haze of controversy, so it was interesting to read her side. What must it be like to have your name be household-familiar for something that happened so long ago?

  • Last night we went here for vodka gimlets. (Wisconsin continues to exceed all cocktail-related expectations.)

  • Also around the neighborhood, I heard that we might be in for a small influx of these birds. I've never seen one (that I know of)! I'd love to see one out the window. (How do they get around with those funny beaks?!)

  • Last but not least: I bought one of these notebooks to use as a journal and I really like it. It's foldable and has the dot-grid pages I love so much. (Subtle markings, but enough to keep my handwriting in line.) Plus, they channel 25% of profits from every sale to a teacher in a high-need classroom who will use the money for a project that drives creativity. (In case you need to be talked into buying a good notebook. Which I don't, but if I did, this would do it.)


The end. For now.
Happy weekend!
Aa

Comments